Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It's Going to be a Long Month!

Michael left for Missouri this morning. I had to wake him up at 5:15 so he could be out the door by 5:50 to make his 6:50 flight out of Venice. One of his co-workers and friend Kevin spent the night in order to take him because I absolutely HATE driving on the Autostrada. After a night of steaks on the grill, a movie (Journey to the Center of the Earth - very good!) and getting Kevin addicted to my Nintendo Wii, we said our goodbyes and they got his stuff packed in Kevin's car; his packing list was 3 pages long! I'll see him sometime around the 13th or 14th of December, just in time for our anniversary/his birthday on the 15th. A few days ago I posted about Jericho waving. Well, that wave has turned into a 2-arm wave, and we call it his "ta-da." He usually does it when Michael sits him down, then stands him up on his feet. He smiles because he knows he's doing something that will get him attention, and sometimes he'll even bounce on his feet to do it again.



We also took Jericho to get his hair trimmed at the beauty shop on Post this past weekend. We try to go to the same guy every time Michael gets his hair cut, because he's so nice and speaks very good English. Jericho's mohawk needed shaping up, so we sat him on Daddy's lap and he held him still while the trimmers buzzed. He didn't fight it at all, but he did look a tad confused, and he kept looking around to try to see what the buzzing noise was. The pictures I took didn't turn out very well, but I love the expression on Jericho's face.




Michael and I got into a deep discussion over the weekend. The topic? Without using a dictionary, how would you define the word "opposite?" It's tougher than it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment