Michael and the guys got home Tuesday, September 15th. I made these for their return:
It's 24 cupcakes made to look like spaghetti and meatballs, topped with grated chocolate as parmesan cheese. Neat-o, if I do say so myself. The guys enjoyed them. The following weekend, the three of us went to Verona for a day of shopping. Michael had spotted a big mall right off the Autostrada and wanted to check it out, and I'm glad we did. There was a store there that was like the Italian version of Pier 1 Imports. Heaven! Such neat little things for the home. We picked up a cool food chopper and a rolling pin - I didn't have one - and of course a little stuffed monkey for Jericho. We let him ride on just about every child ride we had change for, so he did very well the entire day.
This weekend was the Battle Company barbecue. It was a tad bittersweet because Cpt van Etten, our Company Commander, is being moved to another company. He's a great guy, a good leader, and has a great sense of humor. The guys love him and are plotting to get him to stay. Michael asked if I would make some special cupcakes for him to try to lure him back to Battle, so I made sharks, life preservers, channel markers and schools of fish:
That's really all the news I have for now. The weather here is starting to gradually cool off, and it's so nice in the mornings. If it weren't for the little green stinkbugs everywhere I'd leave my windows open all day.
Ciao!
i love the pics as much as the words :)
ReplyDeleteYour cupcakes look amazing!!! The spaghetti ones are so cute. I'm going to have to remember that Verona mall the next time we feel like going shopping somewhere.
ReplyDelete