Monday, December 21, 2009

A New Tradition

So my friend Amanda, who used to live across the hall from us in the old apartment, came over last night for pizza and a movie. Actually, she came with pizza and the movie, and we had such a good time we've decided to get together for something every weekend til the boys get home. Last night we watched Julie & Julia, and it was fantastic! I'd actually watched most of it on the plane back to Italy last month, but the roar of the plane and crappy headphones made sure I missed important lines from the movie. I could watch Meryl Streep paint a wall and I'd be mesmerized. I'd highly recommend this movie, as it's based on two books and really makes you want to learn to be a great cook.

Jericho is sick again. And just like last time, I can't tell if he's actually sick or just teething. He does keep sticking his fingers in the back of his mouth, so I'm leaning toward two-year molars. I hope he feels better soon...I've already paid for 2 weeks' worth of care at the Child Development Center and I've got things I need to do to get ready to go home next month. Not that he makes running errands difficult, but he does get bored easily when we have to wait in an office or line, and I hate making him sit still and be quiet when all he wants to do is run. So for the next few days it'll be baby Motrin, lots of rest and juice to drink, and maybe he'll be back up and running in no time.

Speaking of "up and running," we've got the Internet back at home! We'd been out since October, and the company we went with was having trouble with their computer systems for a few days, so it took longer than usual. But as of last Friday, we're good to go. Now I'm catching up on blogs and looking at flights home. I'm sorry for the lack of posts since early November, but I'm sure you can understand the reasons why it wasn't my top priority.

But now I'm back, so let's hope I can find enough inspiration to keep this thing interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment