Thursday, August 16, 2012

And So It Begins...

I'm sad.

My baby (the big one) started Pre-K yesterday.  He's been enrolled since April, so I knew this day was close, but I wasn't ready for it.  We counted down to the first day, and Michael and I prepared him by talking about proper school behavior and doing what the teacher asks of you.  Two weeks ago, Michael took Jericho to Oklahoma City to find a backpack - he had found one he wanted at Toys R Us, but the closest store is in the big city an hour away - and to enjoy some father/son time before Michael goes back to working long days. 

Jericho's school only does Pre-K and Head Start, so it's a small building with a playground attached.  There is a separate building in the back for additional classrooms.  The class days are divided into morning sessions and afternoon sessions, and Jericho goes to the afternoon sessions from 12:15-2:50.  Those 2.5 hours go by fast!  On his first day, we explored his classroom, which is filled with Elgin's school mascot, the owl.  His teacher, Ms. Kelly, has a Smart board that Jericho found "really cool."  I only stayed about 10 minutes before I headed home to do some cleaning and put Juliana down for a short nap. 

Today Jericho didn't have class because the students are divided by last name.  He was in the group that had their first day on Wednesday, and the second half has their first day today.  Regular classes resume tomorrow, and hopefully Jericho will come to love it.



My little man is growing up!

1 comment: