Recently, I've been in touch with a friend of Michael's family from church. She and her husband were visiting Italy and thought it would be a neat idea to meet me and Jericho and spend part of a day together. I decided to take them to my favorite winery, Villa Sceriman, for a few hours of relaxation, conversation, good food and good wine. We met Saturday afternoon near Post and I led the way. We spent several hours at the picnic tables outside, talking about everything from past travels, Italian customs and culture to Caserma Ederle and my life without Michael. It was a great time, and I think Jericho enjoyed it as well. It's always neat to meet people who knew your husband before you met him, and mine got rave reviews! I didn't take my camera, but I wish I had.
In other news, I'm also in touch with a girl whose family will be moving to Vicenza in mid-July. She had posted an ad on the Vicenza classifieds website, looking for moms interested in setting up a small playgroup. I replied to her ad because I can't seem to get Jericho into Hourly Care on Post, so I'm always looking for other outlets for him to socialize. There's Romp 'n Stomp Playgroup on Post that meets once a week, but that's not enough. We need friends. She was very excited to hear from me, and I was glad to be able to answer some questions she had about Post and living in Italy.
Lots of excitement and planning and things to look forward to = quickly-passing deployment!
No comments:
Post a Comment