This morning, Jericho had his first visit at Grierson Child Development Center on Post. He has 30 days after registration to get his yearly physical for Child & Youth Services, but in the meantime he can still go to Grierson CDC. When I told him of today's plans last night, he jumped up and down and yelled, "YES! Playschool!" He was beyond excited! I got up early to get myself ready before he woke up and to get his bag ready. Once he woke up and remembered what today was, he sprang into action, dressing himself, brushing his teeth and putting his shoes on, all by himself. As a matter of fact, we left the house early and ended up sitting in the parking lot....30 minutes before his scheduled reservation.
That *never* happens.
We got him signed in and escorted to his classroom - The Butterflies Room, just like the "Woody Buzz movie" - and found his cubby already labeled with his name. I was disappointed that we won't get to use his turtle backpack for safety reasons, but he didn't seem to care. We can use it elsewhere, I guess.
There were handmade butterflies hanging from the ceiling, alphabet letters posted on the walls, and lots of photos and drawings to catch his attention. I chatted with his teachers and hugged him goodbye but he was too immersed in a puppet display stand to be sad. They were also getting ready to have breakfast, so I left and went to the PX for my own breakfast and some browsing.
When I picked him up, he was happy to see me....I always look forward to that hug! We chatted on the way home about his first day. He seems excited about going back next week!
*I would post pictures, but I didn't take my camera in....I didn't want to be "that" mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment