Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Snowball Grows...

Two signatures down. The memo goes to Housing tomorrow - Michael has Staff Duty tomorrow, so I'm not sure how that's going to work, so we'll see. Battalion signed it sometime Friday afternoon and not only did they offer to rent us moving trucks and send guys to help, but they also told Michael that if he had any problems with Housing to let them know. We'll be renting our own truck (if we do get approved - again, not counting chickens here) and using some guys from Michael's squad and a few friends, but still....wow. I didn't know the Army had it in them.

And Jericho waved today! Michael got it first, and I was glad - I got the first smile and laugh thanks to the deployment, so I was hoping Michael would get the next "first." And you know how most kids start out waving at themselves because they don't really know to wave "out" instead of "in?" Well, he actually did it right! Of course, it took about half an hour of coaxing and goofy waving from Mommy and Daddy to get him to do it again for me, but when I finally saw it my heart melted. So Jericho just might be a sociable kid after all. He won't smile for strangers yet, but we've got plenty of time for that. He gives Daddy a high-five every night before bed, so he's getting pretty good at that, too. Yay! My kid is normal!

On a curious note, for the people here in the Vicenza area that have been to the new entertainment place on Post, The Arena: is it just me, or is their Saturday $18-an-hour bowling price waaaay too steep? Granted, you can have up to 6 players and split the bill that way, but what if it's just two of you and an 8-month-old spectator? And that's all they offer; no single-game price. Seriously? The place was built using MWR money. Do they really need to make that money back?

And to everyone who reads this blog: you can post comments here. I love input, so let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment