Monday, March 15, 2010

Happy Tired Frustrated

Just three words to describe my mood right now. Happy because Michael is home. Tired because Jericho is as busy as ever. Frustrated because he still doesn't have his own bed.

Let's rewind, shall we?

Late Summer/early Fall of 2007. Michael was deployed and I was gradually moving things in and out of the spare bedroom to make a nursery. We were both shopping online for baby furniture, and we both agreed that a convertible crib/toddler bed would be ideal because it would be something Jericho could use for years to come. At the time, the PX informed us that shipping the set to Italy could take up to 6 months. I didn't have 6 months. I had less than 4. Not willing to take that risk, we decided to have the set shipped to Michael's parents' house in Iowa and have them ship it to us in Italy. It seemed to be the best-case scenario.

Well NOW we know that was where we went wrong. USPS won't ship the box because it's too big and too heavy. UPS won't ship to PO boxes. I'd rather not have to buy another one at the PX just to use for one year, but it looks like that may be my only option. Besides, if we have another child, we'll need another crib anyway.

*sigh* Poor kid. When we move back Stateside, he gets to decorate his own bedroom however he wants.


No comments:

Post a Comment